Everybody would love to have this moment in their life at least once. It is to take kids in the open air, sleep under the stars and spend time together with your family. When it comes to feeding yourself and your family in this camping, would surely be very exciting and interesting. As cooking in the open air will surely make you feel enjoyable. But if you got a small kid whom you have to feed, then you need to plan things.
First and foremost, prepare yourself with a list of things essential to cook something healthy and delicious for your little one. Food is very important to keep the little ones more active and healthier. For proper recipes, you can see this site of Easy campfire recipes. They have lovely and easier recipes for kids which will make them ask for more.
Here is a list of food items that you can cook for your kid:
- First and foremost, you need to invest in the right kind of equipment to making cooking easier for you. Because cooking in the open air is not so easy. The right grilling equipment will help you cook meat, poultry, fish, and veggies easily and tasty.
- Popcorn is a good and healthy snack which kids would love to eat. So, invest in a popcorn basket so that you can prepare popcorns for your kids, instead of buying the readymade packets from the market
- Another option would be to carry a cooler which can plug into your vehicle. You can freeze in some fresh juices for your kids which they can enjoy camping.
- One of the healthier options would be to carry snacks like dried fruits such as dates, figs, apricots, cranberries, and raisins, etc. You can also carry some dried cereals or whole-grain crackers and nuts. Some of the easy-to-pack fruits are grapes, apricots, plums, blueberries, melons, oranges, etc.
- You can also chop some veggies and give it with some dips or hummus. The veggies which can be used for traveling are carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, and peas.
- You can also carry some potatoes, corn on the cob, some beetroots already chopped, and some carrots too which can be easily tossed on the grill or the fire.
- You need to balance some heavier foods with lighter foods. For example, if your kids love bacon for breakfast, you can add fresh fruit salad to their diet along with some whole grain pancakes.
- Always try for healthier snacks and desserts for example you can grill some pineapples with a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon spread on your grill sheet.
- The best thing you can do is to cook some food at home and reheat them in the camp. For example, pancakes. If you try making pancakes at the camp it will be a tedious job. Thus, make pancakes at home and reheat them when your kids are ready to eat.
Always remember to plan your meals as per their expiration date. This includes eating the fresh food first followed by the pre-cooked foods and frozen food.